I like to review the progress at least once a month to determine where I am with respect to meeting/achieving them.
These are the goals for 2014:
- Invest at least $20,000
- With just 1 new purchase in June (BAX), I have invested $18,075.95 so far in 2014 until end of June.
- Thanks to aggressive investing in the first few months of the year, I have almost hit the goal. I hope to hit the mark in the next month or so and hope to continue to add more to my portfolio.
- Receive at least $1,200 in dividends
- With an extra $128.09 in June dividends, the total for the year has hit $640.29 which represents 53%. This coincides with 50% of the year gone by.
- The new investments earlier this year should continue to add some more dividends through the rest of the year and I hope to achieve this goal a little early and maybe exceed it by a margin.
- Achieve at least $1,800 in projected annual dividends
- With the new purchases in the recent months and dividend increases announced, my current projected annual dividends stand at $1,734.66.
- With additional purchases through the rest of the year this should be achieved with ease.
- Have a portfolio of at least 25 stocks/ETFs
- Currently have 25 stocks/ETFs counting Google as 2 symbols even though I just hold 1 of each.
- With additional investments through the rest of the year, I should get even more.
Overall, I am happy with the progress though the first half of the year. I am on target (or even slightly higher) towards reaching the goals. I wish I could have invested more over the last couple of months, but with the markets not taking a breather, it is getting very difficult to find good stocks at reasonable valuations.
The goals page has been updated to reflect the progress until this month.