I had set the following key goals at the beginning of the year to be achieved by 2014.
- Invest at least $20,000
- Receive at least $1,200 in dividends
- Achieve at least $1,800 in projected annual dividends
But as I have reported in the most recent goals update, I am very close to achieving all of the above and it is just 6 months into the year. It is because I did not expect to invest so much during the first few months of the year. So in order to make sure that I am focused and also to keep the journey going on, I am revising the goals as follows:
- Invest at least $25,000 – Increase of $5,000
- Receive at least $1,500 in dividends – Increase of $300
- Achieve at least $2,000 in projected annual dividends – Increase of $200
Based on the current status, I need to invest close to $7,000 to hit the 25K target. Hopefully the additional investments will enable me to cover the remaining $250 or so in projected dividends required to hit the $2,000 mark.
The goals page has been updated to reflect the updated goals.