Back in July, I had revised my 2014 goals to the following.
- Invest at least $25,000
- Receive at least $1,500 in dividends
- Achieve at least $2,000 in projected annual dividends
But as I have reported in the August goals update, I am very close to achieving these goals with 4 months remaining in the year. I have invested close to $5,000 in July and August and also invested in BP earlier this month. I have also opened my sharebuilder account through which I plan to invest at least $1,000 each month. Right now, I am just about $1,000 shy of meeting the $25K goal for the year.
I also noticed that the projected annual dividends topped $2,000 when I calculated it over the weekend. This was primarily due to recent dividend increases as well as September investments.
So in order to make sure that I am focused and also to keep the journey going on, I am revising the goals as follows:
- Invest at least $30,000 – Increase of $5,000
- Receive at least $1,500 in dividends – I am not changing this since most of the new investments may not provide a dividend for this year.
- Achieve at least $2,200 in projected annual dividends – Increase of $200
The goals page has been updated to reflect the updated goals.