I like to review the progress at least once a month to determine where I am with respect to meeting/achieving my goals.
These are the goals for 2014:
- Invest at least $30,000
- With new investments of $2,701.90 (BP and Regular Sharebuilder purchases) in September, I have invested $25,345.35 so far in 2014 until end of September.
- With new investments planned for the future, I should be able to meet this goal.
- Receive at least $1,500 in dividends
- With an extra $145.57 in September dividends, the total for the year has hit $1080.30 which represents 72.02% of my goal.
- Achieve at least $2,200 in projected annual dividends
- With the new purchases in the recent months and dividend increases announced, my current projected annual dividends stand at $2,039.58.
The goals page has been updated to reflect the progress until this month.
4 thoughts on “Goals update September 2014”
You’re making a tremendous amount of progress on your goals this year. Being able to put $30,000 to work in the markets is tremendous, and will really payoff in the years to come.
Thanks W2R. I hope I can continue to invest such amounts going forward too.
I echo what W2R said. Putting away $30k into stocks is a strategy that will surely lead to excellent results over the coming years. That’s really tremendous when looked at through the scope of what most people save/invest in a given year. Great stuff!
Thanks DM. Looking forward to keep chugging along and hopefully I can continue this next year too.