I like to review the progress at least once a month to determine where I am with respect to meeting/achieving my goals.
These are the goals for 2015:
- Invest at least $35,000
- New investments in January amounted to just $1200.00 as part my weekly Sharebuilder purchases. I did not have any other investments. This amounts to about 3.42% of my goal. This is definitely less than what I would have liked for a month. Need to catch up in the next few months.
- Receive at least $2,500 in dividends
- I received $235.85 in dividends in January. This represents 9.43% of my annual goal. January dividends are misleading because 1st month of the quarter are my highest. I project to receive about $300 for the next two months combined. Also, dividends from DIS are one a year and are received in January and hence this won’t be a regular stream of income for the remainder of the year.
- Achieve at least $3,200 in projected annual dividends
- My projected annual dividends stand at $2280.80 at the end of January. Again, this hasn’t improved much compared to Dec 2014 due to lack of new investments. Need to catch up on this in the next few months.
- DO NOT have a portfolio of more than 45 stocks/ETFs
- Currently hold 38 stocks/ETFs. I did not initiate any new positions in January.
Based on the numbers so far, I have to make considerable progress in the amount invested and projected dividends goal. These two go together and therefore, I have to focus a bit more to invest some capital in Feb and March to catch up.
The goals page will be updated to reflect the progress.