I like to review the progress at least once a month to determine where I am with respect to meeting/achieving my goals.
These are the goals for 2015:
- Invest at least $35,000
- New investments in February amounted to just $1,200.00 as part my weekly Sharebuilder purchases. I did not have any other investments. Including February’s investments, I have invested $2,400.00 so far this year. This amounts to about 6.85% of my goal. This is definitely less than what I would have liked by February. Need to catch up in the next few months.
- Receive at least $2,500 in dividends
- I received $100.42 in dividends in February. So far I have received $336.27 in dividends this year. This represents 13.45% of my annual goal.
- Need to invest additional capital early on in the year to receive additional dividends through the rest of the year and meet this goal.
- Achieve at least $3,200 in projected annual dividends
- My projected annual dividends stand at $2,343.43 at the end of February. Again, this hasn’t improved much compared to Dec 2014 due to lack of new investments. Need to catch up on this in the next few months.
- DO NOT have a portfolio of more than 45 stocks/ETFs
- Currently hold 39 stocks/ETFs. I initiated one new position in AT&T (T) in February as part of my weekly purchases.
Based on the numbers so far, I have to make considerable progress in the amount invested and projected dividends goal. These two go together and therefore, I have to focus a bit more to invest some capital to catch up.
The goals page will be updated to reflect the progress.