I like to review the progress at least once a month to determine where I am with respect to meeting/achieving my goals.
These are the goals for 2015:
- Invest at least $35,000
- New investments in March amounted to $5,130.45. After a slow start to the year in January and February, I made up some lost ground in March through these purchases.
- Total investments in 2015 so far equals $7,530.45 which amounts to about 21.51% of my goal. While March helped me catch up, I am still behind on the goal. With 25% of the year gone by, I have only achieved 21.51% of my goal. Hoping to be caught up by April.
- Receive at least $2,500 in dividends
- I received $261.00 in dividends in March. So far I have received $597.27 in dividends this year. This represents 23.89% of my annual goal.
- Additional investments through the rest of the year and dividend increases will help me achieve this goal.
- Achieve at least $3,200 in projected annual dividends
- My projected annual dividends stand at $$2,569.29 at the end of March. That’s an increase of over $225 in a single month. This is definitely a nice improvement due to the new investments. Need to keep pace at the new investments to achieve this goal.
- DO NOT have a portfolio of more than 45 stocks/ETFs
- Currently hold 40 stocks/ETFs. I initiated one new position in National-Oilwell Varco, Inc (NOV) in March.
The goals page will be updated to reflect the progress.