Looking at dividends received though the month and summarizing the numbers at the end of the month is such a great feeling because dividends represent real tangible income. Let’s take a look at the dividends received in June 2015.
After a slow May, I was hoping for a great month in June and it turned out to be one. It was not a record setting like March, but a close one. June 2015 represents my 3rd highest month ever after March and April of this year.
Here are the dividends for Jun 2015. Total = $252.61
- ConocoPhillips (COP) – $36.50
- Ford Motor Company (F) – $24.90
- Phillips 66 (PSX) – $2.80
- Schwab Strategic Trust ETF (SCHD) – $22.97
- Visa Inc (V) – $2.07
- Walmart (WMT) – $7.40
- Technology SPDR ETF (XLK) – $19.29
- Target Corporation (TGT) – $15.60
- Chevron Corporation (CVX) – $21.40
- McDonald’s Corporation (MCD) – $15.30
- AFLAC Incorporated (AFL) – $7.97
- Unilever N.V. (ADR) (UN) – $10.85
- Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) – $10.98
- BP plc (ADR) (BP) – $27.96
- PepsiCo, Inc. (PEP) – $5.92
- National-Oilwell Varco, Inc. (NOV) – $20.70 (first dividend)
I got my first dividend from NOV this month. Also, there were few increases as well. But in spite of this, my total did not come close to my March total because of BBL that pays a bi-annual dividend paid in March and does not pay in June. Also, dividends from couple of Vanguard’s funds shifted the pay date to July instead of June.
Here is how June 2015 ($252.61) compares with previous months.
- June 2014: $128.09, increased by $123.52, 96.43% increase.
- March 2015: $261.00, decreased by $8.39, 3.21% decrease.
Here are some charts looking at dividend growth over the years 🙂
The below chart shows June dividends over the years. Looking forward to seeing this chart go higher and higher.
The below chart shows the dividends that I have received until June each year. By June last year, I had received $640.29 and it has grown to $1,231.04 this year.
The below chart represents the total annual dividends. Looking at the numbers below, I have received little over 77% of my entire 2014 dividends in just 6 months in 2015. Looking forward to cross 2014 total soon.
Progress for 2015:
With June dividends of $252.61, I have received 49.24% of my 2015 target of $2,500.00. As of now, I am on pace to meet the goal and with increased dividends due to dividend increases and new investments, I will be meeting this goal little earlier than the end of the year.
The dividends page will be updated to reflect the June dividends.
Disclosure: Long on all stocks mentioned above.