I like to review the progress at least once a month to determine where I am with respect to meeting/achieving my goals.
These are the goals for 2015:
- Invest at least $35,000
- New investments in July amounted to $1,863.28.
- Total investments in 2015 so far equals $16,558.23 which amounts to about 47.30% of my goal. I am still behind in this goal by a huge margin. I need to invest aggressively to catch up.
- Receive at least $2,500 in dividends
- I received $280.17 in dividends in July. So far I have received $1,511.21 in dividends this year. This represents 60.44% of my annual goal.
- I will be able to achieve this goal based on this pace with increased investments and dividend increases.
- Achieve at least $3,200 in projected annual dividends
- My projected annual dividends stand at $2,908.21 at the end of July. I will need increase the investments to keep pace to achieve this goal.
- DO NOT have a portfolio of more than 45 stocks/ETFs
- Currently hold 41 stocks/ETFs. I did not initiate any new positions in July.
The goals page will be updated to reflect the progress.