Looking at dividends received though the month and summarizing the numbers at the end of the month is such a great feeling because dividends represent real tangible income. Let’s take a look at the dividends received in September 2015.
I was looking forward to a nice month in September since it is the quarter ending month and it is usually a high month for me. But I was pleasantly surprised when I hit a couple of milestones this month.
- This month was an all-time high.
- I crossed the $300 mark for the first time ever.
Here are the dividends for Jun 2015. Total = $354.89
- ConocoPhillips (COP) – $37.00
- Ford Motor Company (F) – $24.90
- Phillips 66 (PSX) – $2.80
- Schwab Strategic Trust ETF (SCHD) – $22.42
- Visa Inc (V) – $2.59
- Walmart (WMT) – $16.73
- Technology SPDR ETF (XLK) – $18.34
- Target Corporation (TGT) – $16.80
- Chevron Corporation (CVX) – $29.50
- McDonald’s Corporation (MCD) – $15.30
- AFLAC Incorporated (AFL) – $7.97
- Unilever N.V. (ADR) (UN) – $11.16
- Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) – $14.78
- BP plc (ADR) (BP) – $27.96
- PepsiCo, Inc. (PEP) – $8.16
- BHP Billiton (BBL) – $53.58 (semi-annual dividend)
- National-Oilwell Varco, Inc. (NOV) – $23.00
- Exxon-Mobil (XOM) – $21.90 (first dividend)
I got my first dividend from XOM this month. There are a few increases as well. Also, I got the dividend from BBL that pays a semi-annual dividend. That was one of the reason for the big boost this month. But the best part is I would have hit both the above milestones even without BBL’s dividend.
Here is how September 2015 ($354.89) compares with previous months.
- September 2014: $145.57, increased by $209.32, 143.79% increase.
- June 2015: $252.61, increased by $102.28, 40.49% increase
Here are some charts looking at dividend growth over the years 🙂
The below chart shows September dividends over the years. Looking forward to seeing this chart go higher and higher.
The below chart shows the dividends that I have received until September each year. By September last year, I had received $1,080.30 and it has grown to $2,043.45 this year.
The below chart represents the total annual dividends. Looking at the numbers below, I have received little over 128% of my entire 2014 dividends in 9 months in 2015.
Progress for 2015:
With September dividends of $354.89, I have received 81.73% of my 2015 target of $2,500.00. As of now, I am on pace to meet the goal and with increased dividends due to dividend increases and new investments.
The dividends page will be updated to reflect the September dividends.
Disclosure: Long on all stocks mentioned above.