I like to review the progress at least once a month to determine where I am with respect to meeting/achieving my goals.
These are the goals for 2015:
- Invest at least $35,000
- New investments in September amounted to $1,500.00. I did not make any purchases other than the weekly purchases.
- Total investments in 2015 so far equals $22,399.93 which amounts to about 63.99% of my goal. I am still behind in this goal by a huge margin. Need to invest over $4,200/month for the next three months to meet this goal. Probably not going to happen.
- Receive at least $2,500 in dividends
- I received $354.89 in dividends in September. So far I have received $2,043.45 in dividends this year. This represents 81.73% of my annual goal.
- I will be able to achieve this goal based on this pace with increased investments and dividend increases.
- Achieve at least $3,200 in projected annual dividends
- At the end of September, my projected annual dividends stand at $3,179.99.
- With continued weekly investments, I should be able to achieve this goal. I will definitely shoot past the goal, but I am just not sure if there will be any dividend cuts between now and the end of the year. So just building a cushion in case some cuts happen.
- DO NOT have a portfolio of more than 45 stocks/ETFs
- Currently hold 42 stocks/ETFs. I did not initiate any new positions in September.
The goals page will be updated to reflect the progress.