I like to review the progress at least once a month to determine where I am with respect to meeting/achieving my goals. This post is long overdue as it is almost the end of November.
These are the goals for 2015:
- Invest at least $35,000
- New investments in October amounted to $1,869.37. In addition to the weekly purchases of $1,200, I had FRIP purchases for $669.37. did not make any purchases other than the weekly purchases.
- Total investments in 2015 so far equals $24,269.30 which amounts to about 69.34% of my goal. I am still behind in this goal by a huge margin. I am probably not going to be able to meet this goal.
- Receive at least $2,500 in dividends
- I received $289.10 in dividends in October. So far I have received $2,332.55 in dividends this year. This represents 93.30% of my annual goal.
- I will be able to achieve this goal by the end of the year based on projections.
- Achieve at least $3,200 in projected annual dividends
- At the end of October, my projected annual dividends stand at $3,258.82.
- I have already met my goal, but I am just not sure if there will be any dividend cuts between now and the end of the year. So just building a cushion in case some cuts happen.
- DO NOT have a portfolio of more than 45 stocks/ETFs
- Currently hold 42 stocks/ETFs. I did not initiate any new positions in October.
The goals page will be updated to reflect the progress.
One thought on “Goals update – October 2015”
Nice Nice. Though you haven’t met your contributions goal so far this year, you can still keep pushing to get “close”. 2016 goal year is coming up – are you ready to make those goals now, seeing how you are performing and what events you see coming up next year? Thoughts? Nice job!!