Looking at dividends received though the month and summarizing the numbers at the end of the month is such a great feeling because dividends represent real tangible income. Let’s take a look at the dividends received in December 2015.
The previous quarter end month (September) was a record setting month with an all time high of over $350 and also crossing the $300 mark. I was looking forward to December’s dividends to see where I ended up, though I was not expecting to meet September’s levels due to BBL’s bi-annual dividend in September.
Here are the dividends for December 2015. Total = $351.88
- ConocoPhillips (COP) – $37.00
- Ford Motor Company (F) – $24.90
- Phillips 66 (PSX) – $2.80
- Schwab Strategic Trust ETF (SCHD) – $20.36
- Visa Inc (V) – $3.02
- Technology SPDR ETF (XLK) – $21.59
- Vanguard Utilities ETF (VPU) – $13.17
- Vanguard Emerging Markets Stock Index Fd (VWO) – $2.39
- Target Corporation (TGT) – $16.80
- Chevron Corporation (CVX) – $41.78
- McDonald’s Corporation (MCD) – $16.02
- AFLAC Incorporated (AFL) – $8.38
- The Coca-Cola Co (KO) – $13.74
- Unilever N.V. (ADR) (UN) – $23.36
- Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) – $19.54
- BP plc (ADR) (BP) – $27.96
- National-Oilwell Varco, Inc. (NOV) – $23.00
- Exxon-Mobil (XOM) – $24.82
- Wells Fargo & Co (WFC) – $11.25 (first dividend)
I got my first dividend from WFC this month. There are a few increases as well.
Here is how December 2015 ($351.88) compares with previous months.
- December 2014: $189.70, increased by $162.18, 85.49% increase.
- September 2015: $354.89, decreased by $3.01, 0.85% decrease. This is primarily due to missing BBL’s dividend, but glad that I was able to almost match the totals without the bi-annual dividend. Keen to see March’s numbers – provided BBL’s dividend stays put.
Here are some charts looking at dividend growth over the years 🙂
The below chart shows December dividends over the years. Looking forward to seeing this chart go higher and higher.
The below chart shows the dividends that I have received until December each year. By December last year, I had received $1,594.02 and it has grown to $2,822.72 this year. This represents over 77% YoY growth which is super impressive !!!
Progress for 2015:
With December dividends of $351.88, I have met my 2015 target of $2,500.00.
The dividends page will be updated to reflect the December dividends.
Disclosure: Long on all stocks mentioned above.