Looking at dividends received though the month and summarizing the numbers at the end of the month is such a great feeling because dividends represent real tangible income.
The 3rd month of the quarter is typically the best month for me. So naturally, I was looking forward for March dividends, but with low expectations due to the recent dividend cuts. But it ended up being a great month and an all time high surpassing the $400 mark. Let’s take a look at the dividends received in March 2016.
Here are the dividends for March 2016. Total = $412.99
- ConocoPhillips (COP) – $12.50 (Dividend Cut)
- Ford Motor Company (F) – $66.40 (Includes one time dividend of $0.25/share = $41.50)
- Phillips 66 (PSX) – $2.80
- Schwab Strategic Trust ETF (SCHD) – $38.16
- Visa Inc (V) – $3.43
- Technology SPDR ETF (XLK) – $22.02
- Vanguard Utilities ETF (VPU) – $10.76
- Vanguard Emerging Markets Stock Index Fd (VWO) – $0.86
- Target Corporation (TGT) – $16.80
- Chevron Corporation (CVX) – $41.78
- McDonald’s Corporation (MCD) – $16.02
- AFLAC Incorporated (AFL) – $10.53
- Unilever N.V. (ADR) (UN) – $22.41
- Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) – $19.54
- BP plc (ADR) (BP) – $31.13
- National-Oilwell Varco, Inc. (NOV) – $23.00
- Exxon-Mobil (XOM) – $24.82
- Wells Fargo & Co (WFC) – $12.72
- PepsiCo, Inc. (PEP) – $8.16
- BHP Billiton (BBL) – $16.71 (Dividend Cut – semi-annual dividend)
In addition to the dividend cuts, there are a few increases as well and also the one time dividend from Ford.
Here is how March 2016 ($412.99) compares with previous months.
- March 2015: $261.00, increased by $151.99, 58.23% increase.
- December 2015: $351.88, increased by $61.11, 17.37% increase.
Here are some charts looking at dividend growth over the years 🙂
The below chart shows March dividends over the years. Looking forward to seeing this chart go higher and higher.
The below chart shows the dividends that I have received until March each year. By March last year, I had received $597.27 and it has grown to $850.87 this year. This represents over 42% YoY growth which is super impressive !!!
The below chart represents the total annual dividends. Looking at the numbers below, I have received little over 30.14% of my entire 2015 dividends in 3 months in 2016.
Progress for 2016:
With March dividends of $412.99, I have received 23.15% of my 2016 target of $3,675.00, which is slightly below pace. But with dividend increases and additional investments, I should be able to meet this goal – provided there are no further dividend cuts.
The dividends page will be updated to reflect the March dividends.
2 thoughts on “Dividend summary – March 2016”
Congrats on a great month despite the dividend cuts with Ford certainly helping out! It’s good to see you gaining on last year’s total payments already.
Thanks DL. It was definitely a great month in spite of the dividend cuts. But I am not sure if these numbers can be sustained with further cuts (like that of NOV announced this week).