I like to review the progress at least once a month to determine where I am with respect to meeting/achieving my goals.
These are the goals for 2015:
- Invest at least $35,000
- New investments in June amounted to $1,500.00.
- Total investments in 2015 so far equals $14,694.95 which amounts to about 41.98% of my goal. I am still behind in this goal. With half the year gone by, I need to invest aggressively to catch up.
- Receive at least $2,500 in dividends
- I received $252.61 in dividends in June. So far I have received $1,231.04 in dividends this year. This represents 49.24% of my annual goal.
- I will be able to achieve this goal based on this pace with increased investments and dividend increases.
- Achieve at least $3,200 in projected annual dividends
- My projected annual dividends stand at $2,831.90 at the end of June. I will need increase the investments to keep pace to achieve this goal.
- DO NOT have a portfolio of more than 45 stocks/ETFs
- Currently hold 41 stocks/ETFs. I did not initiate any new positions in June.
The goals page will be updated to reflect the progress.
4 thoughts on “Goals update – June 2015”
Looks like you’re doing quite well on your goals for the year. You’re a little behind on your capital invested but you’re already on pace to blow past your dividends received goal. And if you are able to invest more in the second half of the year and reach your capital invested goal you’ll blow by the forward dividends target if you invest at an average YOC of 3%. Solid progress to me! Keep up the good work!
Thanks JC. I am slow on the capital invested goal and haven’t been able to invest as much as i thought I can. I should be able to get past the dividends goal.
Thanks for stopping by
Looks like your doing quite well — congratulations on your progress! I’m curious why you don’t want more than 45 stocks/ETF’s and why the number 45?
Thanks FerdiS. 45 was just a random number that I picked. I don’t want to buy into too many stocks too quickly. It is just hard to keep track of all these. So while I have a lot of stocks in the pipeline that I would like to invest in, I plan to do it slowly. I think the last couple of years, I have been adding around 5-10 new stocks each year in addition to adding capital to existing stocks. Another reason of the goal is to ensure that I increase the weight of the stocks that are really small in my portfolio.